Thursday, August 28, 2008

Now We Are Six ...


Gus is now six. Hard to believe he's been a part of my life for six years now. Oh, how my life has changed during his lifetime. He came into my life during a period of unemployment. My mother thought getting a dog was not a particularly good idea at the time but came to realize that Gus gave focus to my life when I most needed it. I'll admit that I nurtured him to be somewhat of a momma's boy, he loves me and only me, tolerates everyone else, but only because I insist. He's a wonderful dog and I'm so glad he's mine.

It was a surprisingly busy week at work so I didn't really have time to get anything for Gus' birthday. Since Friday is my not working day I plan to take them both down to Three Dog Bakery and get some nummy treats for them. Then maybe we'll head out to the dog park for some good runnin' & fetchin' and sniffin' & peein' all the things dogs love to do.

Here's a photo from Gus' first birthday. He wore that party hat for at least 20 minutes, until his doggy pals arrived for the party. He was even fetching that ball while wearing the hat.

2 comments:

Fran said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to YOU,
Happy Birthday dear Guuuuussss,
Happy Birthday to you!

And you don't look a DAY over four!

Traci said...

Happy birthday Sir Gus!!!!