Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Feel like I've been through the ringer. Oh wait, I have!

I woke up this morning feeling like I'd been kinda beat up, big surprise there. I had a chiropractic appointment scheduled as a follow-up to my fall in the shower last Saturday. Hoo, did I need it, all through my shoulders and neck felt clenched up. Dr Hobbs, of Accident Recovery Center, worked to loosen up some of the muscles before trying to make any adjustments. It's always nice to snapped around, especially when it's so needed. I've got another appointment Friday, too.

I went to work after my adjustment, the bus ride was a little painful, my back was really acting up now. Once at the office I was just feeling yucky, pulled muscles, back ache, and very tired. I finished up a little bit of stuff and then headed for home and a good nap. The dogs were happy to see me home early. They are always happy to see me, they're good like that.

After a quick potty trip Llelo was expecting to take a nap with me. It was funny to see, you could tell he was waiting, waiting, are we going to nap now? I put on some pjs and climbed into bed, Llelo hopped up and settled in next to me. I asked if he wanted to get under the covers and he got up and moved around so I could lift the covers over him. Llelo loves to spoon/snuggle even more so when we snuggle under the covers. What elevates it to utter bliss status is when he can snug his nose under my neck, too. He settled right in and headed off to dreamland! We napped for a good three hours, it was delightful.

In the evening I had my regular massage appointment with Carmen. I had told her about my shower fall so she was already planning to spend some extra time working on my back. After hearing about my huli adventures last night she decided to spend the majority of the appointment on my back and shoulders. I could feel the knots melting away, mmm hurts so good. She ended up spending about 5 minutes on my feet, she couldn't leave them untouched, she just couldn't.

Here's hoping my body feels better tomorrow. I think practice Thursday night will be very gentle.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh my, I'm so glad you got to see the chiropractor and get the massage. I wondered if your adventures might not be a bit much, and I'm glad to see you're taking care of yourself.

Oh and a nap! I love naps!