Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I'm Not a Masochist, Really!

This is where we revisit the wonderful world of foot torture. Blah. I saw Dr. Irving again Monday. My feelings are that the various therapies, massage and prolotherapy sugar injections, have reached a plateau. My feet don't seem to be getting worse (yay!), but while they are better than before starting they don't seem to be showing much in the way of further improvement (boo!).

I've now had four injections in my right foot and one in my left foot. That last injection on Monday was very painful, I didn't kick the doctor though. It's now Wednesday and my foot is still sore from the injection. I'm writing this longhand while the bus is creeping along in the express lanes, on my way home to get the car and head off to Carmen's foot massage. Neither Carmen or Dr. Irving has brought me to tears, yet. But both have made me question my tolerance for pain (it's increased loads) or fondness for pain (ya, really not so much). But I keep going and asking these professional pain inflictors to inflict more pain and paying for the privilege, mind you. WTF?!?

I'm seriously wondering whether I should continue with these therapies. Dr. Irving suggested that it may take upwards of three months for the injections to completely do their thing. I plan to hold off seeing him for at least that long to see how things develop. Carmen, though, I'm torn. She works on more than just my footsies and the back work helps lots. For now I think we'll try every other week versus the weekly visits we have been doing and see how well that works out. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I think you've got a plan there. I know your feet were killing you, but damn. You might want a second opinion in a few months, just to be sure.