Thursday, March 6, 2008

Vampire Weekend & Other Stuff

I was on my way home today, listening to NPRs All Things Considered where they reviewed the debut album by Vampire Weekend. They've tagged themselves as 'Upper West Side Soweto'. I bought the album from iTunes shortly after I got home. It's fun, infectious, happy sounding music, makes your feet tap. Check them out.




It's been a crazy busy week at work, few weeks actually. I've got something like 230 hours worth of work that I need to complete by the end of the month. Crazy talk, you say, ya well, me too! Just going to try and do the best I can.

Had a great paddle last night. We went out with 5, Minnie, Nancy, me, Judy, and Neil steering. We did a couple of pyramids, one minute fast, one minute easy, 2 fast, 1 easy, and on up to 5 fast and worked our way back to one. Then we did a second one up to 4 fast.
We could feel a huge surge whenever Neil started paddling, it was pretty cool. We only went 6 miles, but they were hard miles. We all felt like we'd had an excellent workout.

Saturday I'm heading up to Vancouver, BC for the 5th race in the winter series. It should be pretty fun. I'm hoping it will be less harsh than the last race I paddled in Vancouver. Be sure I'll let you know about it soon.

1 comment:

Fran said...

You know that's an insane amount of work. Good luck!