Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Gorgeous Weekend & The Little Red-Haired Girl

First off, sorry my posting frequency has dropped off so dramatically. I've been really busy or tired or just plain uninspired or all of the above. Paddling two evenings a week and foot massage one evening a week really seems to eat into my blogging hours.

The weather last weekend was quite spectacular, if rather unseasonably warm. We paddled down to the 520 bridge, an 8 mile round trip. Then I took the boyz swimmin' at SSP, always a good time, dontcha know. Followed by errand running all over north Seattle.

Had a date Saturday night, too. Thought it went reasonably well. A movie at the Crest ($3 second run movies) followed by dinner at Bengal Tiger (mmm, Indian food) and then tea at my place. Before you get worried that I'm taking some strange potentially dangerous guy home let me say this: yes, it was a first date, but not a craigslist guy. He was a guy I've known for a few months and we have enough mutual friends that if he'd tried anything untoward there would have been hell to pay. Anyway, he seems nice and we have plans to go to NW Folklife on this coming Sunday.

Last Sunday I had brunch with friends and then off to another friend's to play with the little red-haired girl. Her mom's been feeling sickly and her dad just had a minor surgery that will keep him from lifting anything over 25 lbs for over a month. They needed a healthy adult to occupy the wee lass. Shortly after I arrived Mark, the wee lass, and I headed over to a playmate's home so the girls could play in the sprinklers. On the way over M said she didn't want to get wet. No problem, don't have to you if you don't want to. Of course once her friend went into the water M wanted to play, too. I got her changed into her swimmin' togs and water shoes, then took pics and splashed them eliciting giggles and peels of laughter. It was particularly cute to see their tiny bums sticking out as they leaned over precariously to drink from the sprinkler.

In all it was a pretty good weekend. Some painfully cute photos will be posted once Mark sends them to me.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Congratulations on the good date!

And yeah, blogging is needy. It seems like fun -- and it is! -- but there are SO many days when that blank screen just stares accusingly at you, doesn't it?

Can't wait to see the pix!