Monday, May 26, 2008

a mitzvah

My mother's mission style couch has finally found a loving home. It's a very nice couch but the wooden arms are not good for leaning up against while writing my blog, watching movies, or drinking a steaming mug of coffee brewed from beans my very own brother roasted for me. I'd passed it on to a friend who used it for a bit but decided she no longer wanted it. Kyle and Matt, my neighbors, have little in the way of furniture so I offered it to them. They were delighted even though there are a few nibbled bits. Ember, my mother's akita, tended to nibble couch cushion corners whenever she'd been scolded for some reason.

I saw yesterday's date today, we were both at the same place by happenstance. He spoke
to the dogs quite a while before speaking to me, confirming my suspicion that he likes them more than me. No problem, I like them better than I like him, too! :-)

1 comment:

Fran said...

Well, you know, dogs don't expect as much as people do, so of course he likes them best. You, at least, can relate on both people and canine levels. Maybe he was hoping you'd adopt him so he could lead a dog's life!