Wednesday, May 14, 2008

multi-tasking

Hard to believe I started this posting a week ago (Wed 5/14/08). Sorry, been busy with lots of stuff. So, here it is...

I'm back at the allergists office. It's pretty cool, they have wi-fi so I brought my 'puter along. So this entry is coming 'real' time! Wahoo! (edit: it
seems the wi-fi signal doesn't make it back into the exam room, this would have been posted much sooner otherwise).

It seems all the different inhaled meds that are super awesome for controlling asthma long term seem to actually make my breathing worse! Go figure. The doc wanted to try a new oral med which seems to have a side effect of possible liver damage. Uh, no thanks, especially since I have this nifty little thing called a focal nodular hyperplasia, it's basically a non-cancerous liver mass. I spent a bunch of time and anguish learning that they are typically found when looking at/for something else, oh hey, you got this thang in yer tummy, btw. One doc wanted to remove it, I went with option B, leaving it in place and keep an eye on it. Anything changes, it gets bigger, starts hurting, and we'll revisit it. Anyway, I'm feeling disinclined to take any meds that may adversely effect the liver especially when I don't take anything at all I'm feeling pretty ok. I still have to suck on the albuterol before and after I exercise, but that's just an as needed med. The meeting with the doc is to discuss this and see where we go from here. I'll let you know how it goes.

And now for something completely different:
Here's a link to something I saw on the J-walk blog the other day. It's a list of 20 Word Geography Facts That May Surprise You. I thought it was kind of interesting. And on today's J-Walk Blog I learned that yesterday (May 13) was the 50 year anniversary of the invention of VELCRO! How cool is that! I love velcro, the name comes from the combination of the words velour and crochet. Pretty cool.

ok, the doc really wants me to be on a long term anti-inflammitory. He gave me another new inhaler and another drug in pill form. I'm trying the inhaler first. So far, it's been a week now, things are working pretty ok. I'm cautiously optimistic.

No comments: