Thursday, May 1, 2008

Never give up, never surrender!

Galaxy Quest is an awesome movie. It's a spoof of a Star Trek type tv show staring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, and Alan Rickman. It is a very funny flick. A friend lost her job Tuesday and was feeling rather sad. We started talking about things that could make her feel a little better. She thought having a few drinks was a good idea. She and her bf came over and I made us each a dark and stormy. Mmm, tasty! I found ginger beer at Trader Joe's and I use Gosling's Black Seal Rum. I also buy limes by the bag, juice them and freeze the juice in an ice cube tray. Mix the rum and ginger beer over ice with a lime wedge (or lime cube). They say the dark and stormy is described as the national drink of Bermuda, whoever they are... I think the combo of the drinks and the movie helped my friend feel a little better.

If you haven't seen Galaxy Quest yet, I recommend giving it a view. It's perfect for that evening you want to watch something that is just goofy and ok with itself being goofy. Kinda like me! I own it so if you ever want to come over and give it a watch just lemme know.

1 comment:

Fran said...

I so LOVE Galaxy Quest! Did you go to the spot where you can select which scene you want to see and try to click on the Omega 13 one? I think that's the one. It makes me laugh!