Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Last Night

My new paddle arrived yesterday! I went to check my mail and found a notice that the manager was holding a package for me. We have a new apartment manager, she seems very nice and eager to correct all the craziness left by the last manager, same with the new maintenance guy. Anyway, Miranda went behind the partition to look for my package, finally said she just couldn’t find it, I pointed out that it was the 4.5 ft tall box staring at her at eye level, oh there it is! This new paddle is so pretty! All new paddles are pretty, kind of like all puppies and kittens are cute. I can’t wait to use it, probably won’t be until the weekend though.

Went out for dinner last night to Divine, they are part of the promotion 3 for $30, trying to get the word out about new restaurants. Scotty came along. We were sort of celebrating my NEW PROMOTION!! I had my annual review last week and I am now EcoChem’s newest Project Chemist. I really wasn’t expecting it until next year, either. Dinner was very nice, I had the goat with home made pasta and Scotty had the briami, sort of a veggie stew.

On a completely different note: The Toasters are coming to town on Thursday, January 31, to Studio Seven. I have seen The Toasters countless times back when I lived in Rhode Island. They are the longest running US ska band, been around for 26 years now. Ska is a very fast paced, high energy sound, a little similar to rockabilly, it is a precurser to reggae, and there is almost always a horn section. I would generally dance so enthusiastically at ska shows that I’d need to see my chiropractor the next day! Tickets day of the show are only $12, can’t beat that for 5 bands! I’m gonna be there, will you?

1 comment:

Fran said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Oh well done!

And congratulations on your new paddle. Will you have pictures?