Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sisterly pride

I was having a lack of ideas flowing today, still very tired from all the driving, paddling, eating, driving, spa-ing, and driving yesterday. And I stayed up way past my bedtime writing my blog and tweeking the various settings only to get up early again today to meet folks from the Seattle Hiking Group at Mae's Phinney Ridge Cafe and then take a walk around Greenlake. It was fun, but too early in the morning. I spent the rest of the day in a bit of a foggy haze, too much sleepiness, not enough napping.

And then I get an email from Fran, the link I sent her wasn't loading and all she was seeing was the image of a very intense
guy holding a guitar. harumph! I got on IM to my sister-in-law, where I go for all my tech support questions. Can you fix it, make it better?!??! After a short while she sent me this link. I passed it on to Fran, who said it takes a long time to load (so be patient) but the very intense guy plays beautifully. Well, of course he does, he's my brother, Israel! He's good at everything he does, a little annoying that way, but I think that's a sibling issue more than anything. He received his first guitar a month before his 7th birthday, I was about a year old (this photo was a few months before that). He's been playing for over 40 years and it shows. When he was living in New Jersey he formed a group called The Beetniks and they recorded an album called World Beet, you can hear his vocals on tracks 5 & 6 and the acoustic guitar as well. There are rumors that he will be recording another album, as a solo artist this time. I speculate it will be more acoustically based and less of the electric guitar, I think it will be more representative of his personal style rather than that of the group. I can't wait! And believe me I'll let you all know when it's out!

No comments: