Sunday, January 27, 2008

Recovery Day

I figured after yesterday's adventures I deserved a leisurely day, not that I really need any excuse to be lazy ... I rolled out of bed around 10 and only then because I felt guilty about the dog's bladders. Got the dogs out and then fed, got my coffee going and started to think about what to do today, if anything. Since the dogz had spent the day home alone a trip to the dog park seemed like a good plan. As we were getting collars on the building wide fire alarm sounded. Stop, pack up the laptop, grab the passport that was still on the counter from yesterday, get the leashes on and get away from that evil sound. We hung around for a bit, no fire, just alarms, so headed out to the park. We saw a number of corgis we'd met on previous outings, had some good fetching and running around, got good and muddy and came on home. I decided today would be bath day after which I was overcome by a major nap. Pedicures would have to wait. Woke up, did all the nails and started on baking a sweet bread pudding. It's still in the over and smells great. I'm trying a tip from a friend, I've soaked the raisins in water in hopes they won't rise to the surface and burn, as they typically do. Fingers crossed. Hope you all had a great lazy Sunday.

PS I got the final results from yesterday's race. They came clean and said the race distance was 7.5 miles! There were three in the master women category and I took second, there were only three women who paddled in the race of 31 paddlers.

No comments: