Friday, February 1, 2008

Cake Seeking Icing - 41 (Seattle)

I'm not sure if *you* have all made up your mind about me, but I cannot decide if I'm crazy or just want to live life on the edge. Last Wednesday night I posted a personals ad on craigslist. I figure my life is pretty darn good, finding a nice guy would be icing on the cake, hence my post title, it's the same on my ad. If you want to see it you'll have to go look for it. I have tried eharmony and match, have had some first dates a couple of second dates, I just haven't found my icing yet. I really like icing, it makes an already tasty dessert even better. I tried to be pragmatic in my ad, not sound like I'm desperate to get laid, not sound too crazy, and set no limitations on what I was looking for, aside from gender=male, and having heard that some guys like to send photos of their penises in the first communication I requested that they not do that in the initial email. I included the photo I have to the right. Bring it, let's see what happens.

First message arrived 15 minutes after I posted. Dang, that was fast. This first guy seemed quite nice. We exchanged a number of emails that night and ended up going to dinner Thursday evening. He was a lot more attractive over email, talking in person to him he just seemed kind of eh, bland. Now I need to write him a thanks-but-no-thanks email. I just got another message from him this evening asking me out for tonight. I have got to write that no thanks email.

The next message arrived 20 minutes after posting. Very brief, thought the way I ended my post was very funny, deadpan. I wrote back asking if he was looking for someone to spend time with or just reading for amusement. Got back a nice response, he is looking for someone and included the bulk of an ad he'd posted. Turns out I'd read it before, but was too daunted by his list of activities to actually write him. We have plans to meet tomorrow for a walk at Seward Park.

Then an hour after there was the guy with herpes. Thanks for your interest, move along. And then the guy who wanted me to show him my penis, it would be our little secret. ScoobyDoo sounding "huh?!?" Little did he know, I'm a blogger and this would be posted, hehehe.

Two hours post post a guy wrote asking if I like punk music. That was it, the extent of his message. We have now exchanged a couple of messages. Just going along for the ride to see where this one goes.

Thursday morning I got my first penis picture. I told a friend about it, she asked if it was nice, the pic and/or the penis. Sorry to say he was a thumbs down for both. Not sure if he thought he was being cute or was just an ass. Didn't want to stick around to find out. Noon Thursday got a message from a guy willing to relocate from Northern California if things were to work out!?!?! What, are there no women in NorCal? Or have they all shot him down already?

Midnight Thursday brought a very long message from a non-native speaker of English. He had a lot to say and I'm still trying to piece together what to write back to him. Friday got a nice note from a guy in Federal Way asking 'what breed is your dogs?' Big plus points for asking about the dogs, small minus points for poor grammer. I did write him back, we'll see where this one goes, too. And finally around 7 pm Friday evening I got a message from a 26 year old guy. I'm not sure what to think, on one hand had I gotten busy early in high school I'm old enough to be his mother, on the other am I ready to be a cougar?

I can already tell this is probably the first in a series of postings. See what happens when paddling practice gets canceled! Stupid wind!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Cougar?!! I hadn't heard that one!

But hey, if it worked for Liz Taylor, why not you? Life's too young to be caught up in stereotypes! Rock his world!

Traci said...

ah yes, the interesting replies you get from craigslist... :) I've posted a few times, and have replied to a few as well.... nothing (obviously) has panned out for me... here's hoping you get something worth while out of it ;-) I've been talking to one guy since Christmas time, but have yet to meet him... we'll see. Men. half the time I don't think there's hope... the other time I KNOW there's not hope ;-) Good luck in your searching :) It's fun to get the replies, if nothing else :)