Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Carpool to Portland / Sinus Infections

I'm going to the winter series race hosted by Mountain Home down in Portland this Sat. I bought a second set of roof racks so that I can carry two OC1s and carpool. With the price of gas being what it is these days the idea of making such a long drive solo seems silly. The carpool I had gotten together has completely fallen to pieces. Anyone want to carpool down with me? I'll be leaving Seattle around 7 am.

I got a call from the allergist yesterday. The radiologist had finally reviewed the CT scan from last week. They saw thickening in the ethmoid and frontal sinuses. Seems I've been cooking up a sinus infection after all and the coughing is probably not due to my GERD. On the one hand that's good, I didn't want to have to add the other drugs full time. On the other hand, blah, another sinus infection. I had sinus surgery four years ago, dreadful stuff to be avoided possible, and have been having far fewer sinus infections since then. But when I get them I get them good. I think we caught this one early, hoping we can clear it up quickly,too.


1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh man, a sinus infection while you paddle? You're a trouper!