Saturday, February 16, 2008

Made it Through the First Night

A couple of friends came over to watch a goofy Adam Sandler movie (I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry). It had the usual toilet humor of Sandler's comedies, but there was a touching message of tolerance to go along with it. The guys fake a gay marriage to try and pass retirement/death benefits onto one guy's children after his wife had passed away. The uber macho guys learn that maybe the guy working next to you, saving your ass (they were firemen), may be gay, but he's still a co-worker and will drag your nearly dead body out of the fire because that's what you do for your buddy, gay or not. Kudos Sandler, better than I thought.

Friends left and I began the machinations of making ready for bed. Dogs out to pee, get things ready for paddling in the morning, the usual last minute things before bed. I got everyone moved into the bedroom and discovered a pee spot dead center in my bed. :-( Gus would rather die than do something like that, same with Llelo, he might dribble on the floor, but I think we have that under control now. Benjamin is too creaky to get up on the bed. That leaves Bogey as the prime suspect. The pee went through the bedspread, the down comforter and both sheets. Thankfully, it didn't make it into the faux feather bed. So, after a long day I find myself changing the sheets and blankets at 11:30 pm, before I can go to bed. Grr! Bogey and I had a little chat about that, peeing inside, not allowed, excessive barking, not allowed. Being cute and lovey, bring it on!

They will be here until Sun the 24th, with the exception of Wed/Thur next week when I'll be working in the office and Sat when I'll be racing down in Tacoma. John, a fellow paddler, will step up and take over for me. Thankfully, all four boys get along just fine. Bogey and Llelo play some, Gus and Benjamin tend to stay out of their way. It was very cute last night once we did get to bed. Gus and Llelo felt the need to lay claim to me as THEIR mummy, not your mummy, Bogey. Both my guys were jammed up against me and Bogey was off to the side but still close. Funny, I have a king sized bed and easily two thirds of the real estate went unused last night. Normal nights only about one third is available. Silly boys.

I plan to take some pics today, will post them later and tomorrow.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Oh bad Bogey, bad bad BAD Bogey! You must've been exhausted!