Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's All About Context

"...you could stand outside naked for five hours and nothing is going to happen." When I read this line last Wednesday in the Seattle Times I couldn't help but laugh. I want to know where you could stand outside naked for five hours and have nothing happen. Surely someone will notice, perhaps point and laugh?!? Actually, the context of the article was that people living in the Northwest suffer from Vitamin D deficiency and the solar radiation from October through March is insufficient to glean the necessary Vitamin D even if we were to stand outside naked for five hours. Ya, whatever, I still thought the line was hilarious. And even with the sunshine we've been having I think it's a little chilly to stand outside naked!

The B boyz are off to their next caregiver this afternoon. I'm glad I seem to have gotten all the bugs worked out but having Bogey wake me and Benjamin at 2 am because he needed to potty, not really going to miss that part. Better that he woke me than not, but I was awake for a good two hours after that. Harumph! Thankfully John will be able to keep them until Saturday afternoon after my race! I'm sure they will be happy to be home again, too. Thank you, thank you, thank you John!

Tomorrow I'm having the prolotherapy injections in my right foot. Fingers crossed that it doesn't hurt too terribly much and it puts me on the path to a pain free foot. Then I'll get the left foot done as well. I'll let you know all about it tomorrow.

Tonight I'm paddling with the 50+ guys. I'm sure they will make me work harder than I would have left to my own devices. They are good like that. I'll think of it as another training session for the race coming up this weekend down in Tacoma. It starts at 10 am at Jack Hyde Park. If you have any interest in seeing an OC1/OC2 race this one has a better vantage point than many. There will be two laps, twice the opportunity for viewing! Email me if you would like additional details.

No comments: