Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Lazy Sunday

I picked up the B boyz yesterday afternoon and brought them back to my place. Thanks John for taking them Tuesday night through Saturday afternoon. Especially with the prolotherapy on Wednesday, it was an even bigger help that he took them. So, we had a very quiet night. There was a puffed pig ear on the floor. I prefer to give them puffed pig ears to the fried ones, they are lower in fat and enormous, keeps them busy for a longer time. Benjamin found the pig ear on the floor and settled in for a good chew, got up for a drink and Llelo swooped in a stole it. He wasn't interested until Benjamin wanted it. Llelo abandoned his prize shortly afterwards and it was taken up by Bogey. Kept him busy most of the evening, too. Llelo cruised around hoping to get it a few times, again someone else had it, it must be more interesting. Off to bed for a good hard sleep, a good bit of exercise will do that.

Up in the morning at 8 am with Benjamin's tail thump, thump, thumping against the side of the bed and the wall, his subtle manner of requesting a potty trip. Ok, up and out we go. Back in, start the coffee, fix the dogs breakfast, into the bathroom to feed the B boyz. Noticed Benjamin was leaking again, cleaned up after he was finished and made another emptying trip outside. Then I settled in on the couch to contemplate the day. The synapses were firing very, very slowly. Best fix another cup of coffee and watch that remaining episode of Deadwood so I can return the Netflix. If you haven't seen Deadwood, I recommend it, the language is a bit, erm, coarse, but if you can get beyond that the level of discourse is impressive and the level of detail is amazing. I'm about halfway through season 3, the final season. I'll be sad when it's over. Rome is another good series, similar but takes place in ancient Rome, also by HBO.

Around 2 or perhaps closer to 2:30 I decided to pry myself off the couch and take a shower. I had a couple of things to do, I dropped Benjamin and Bogey back at their house, Marth is coming home tonight. I'm sure she will be very happy to see her boys again.
And I wanted to buy an new pair of Crocs, unsuccessful; I needed to pick up a couple of meals prepared for me at Dinner's Ready, successful. Spent the evening watching part of a Chris Rock HBO special on Comedy Central. It's been a quality day any way you look at it.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Honestly, it sounds fabulous! Except for the cleaning-up-after-Benjamin part.